Deadline: 5 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Specialist in social and environmental management in Rabat, Morocco. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Specialist in social and environmental management will be responsible for developing a diagnostic and analysis study aimed at identify the subjective and objective obstacles which prevent civil society from participating effectively in the achievement and monitoring-evaluation of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Specialist in social and environmental management will perform the following functions-
- Prepare a methodological note and a realistic timetable for the implementation of the mission in the four regions targeted by the Moucharaka Mouwatina program.
- Carry out a diagnostic study making it possible to identify the constraints and difficulties limiting the active, effective and adequate participation of civil society organizations in the SDG implementation projects, a focus will be put on CSOs working in the priority areas of the Moucharaka program Mouwatina (Youth, equality, environment).
- Compile international best practices for effective and efficient engagement of civil society in achieving the SDGs, in particular at the level of the system of fair choice based on disposition, level of organization and the capacity for reflection, expertise and CSO proposal.
- Coordinate the specialist in charge of producing the educational kit and the training curriculum the development of a practical educational kit, comprising manuals, paper and digital media aimed at supporting the full participation of civil society in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the achievement of the SDGs.
- List training workshops around the content of the educational kit and offer training sessions for trainers around techniques for popularizing its content.
- Organize workshops for the benefit of CSO alliances working in the priority areas targeted by the program, in order to qualify them professionally and provide them with mechanisms, tools and working methods, allowing effective and efficient participation in SDG steering bodies at national level.
- Coordinate with the specialist in charge of producing the educational kit and the training curriculum, the proposal for a dematerialization strategy for the educational content of the kit, in order to develop distance training by adopting ICT and multimedia techniques (webinar, audiovisual, digital, etc.).
- Suggest avenues for strengthening the participation of civil society in the process of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through mechanisms of participatory democracy.
- Ensure that the civil society concerned by the development objectives has sufficient information, mechanisms and methodologies to participate actively and fully in the workshops on the objectives of sustainable development and to discharge this responsibility with great professionalism.
- Propose ways for CSOs to have mechanisms, means and channels to access the support necessary for the achievement of Goal 17 of the SDGs.
- Support to the Directorate of Relations with Civil Society for the programming and preparation of focus groups and consultation workshops, provided for in the methodological note.
- Work harmoniously with the specialist in charge of producing the educational kit and training curriculum.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in sustainable development or equivalent combined with at least 7 years of experience in the field of sustainable development.
- Master’s degree in sustainable development or equivalent combined with at least 5 years of experience in the field of sustainable development.
- Experience in coordinating, managing or implementing integrated or multi-sectoral local development programs or projects.
- Experience in the field of participatory development and animation of multi-stakeholder processes.
- A good knowledge of the issues relating to civil society in Morocco.
- Knowledge of gender approach and gender equality.
- Ability to encourage the active participation and speaking out of young people and women.
- Ability to popularize approaches.
- Skills in training and facilitation of the skills transfer process to partners and other partner or field actors.
- Be a good communicator and have good listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of Arabic.
- Excellent knowledge of French is essential.
- Nationality of Morocco.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.