Deadline: 20 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Programme Manager in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Area Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Program Management:
- Ensure effective community engagement and safety analysis for responses according to needs identified in protection, Food security, WASH/Shelter, Protection and M&E, while linking with other sectors within DRC (AVR/MRE and NTS).
- Ensure appropriate selection of beneficiaries or areas to be targeted following technical methodologies defined by relevant Coordinators and with the agreement/support of local communities.
- General Management:
- Line manage national staff, conducting performance reviews, setting objectives and ensuring expected performance criteria are met.
- Adapt the team structure according to needs, resources and capacities if required, with support of technical coordinators as required.
- Develop job descriptions and recruit qualified staff (national) for the relevant position under Programme sector.
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s of working experience in Managing program in humanitarian context and experience in complex emergencies and high-security environments.
- Experience of access management in a high-security context, demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and adaptive manner, including security actors and local authorities.
- Working experiences with at least 3 of the 4 sectors to be covered by the position (Food Security, WASH/Shelter, Livelihood and Protection).
- Master’s Degree in social sciences or in any of the technical sectors to be covered by this position (internal development, Food Security, WASH, Shelter & NFIs and Protection).
- Proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required.
- Strong experience in conducting large scale distributions in remote locations with limited humanitarian presence.
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment.
- Strong reporting, report-writing and assessment skills.
- Fluency written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.