Deadline: 20 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Programme Manager in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Program Management:
- Ensure effective community engagement and safety analysis for responses according to needs identified in protection, Food security, WASH/Shelter, Protection and M&E, while linking with other sectors within DRC (AVR/MRE and NTS).
- Ensure appropriate selection of beneficiaries or areas to be targeted following technical methodologies defined by relevant Coordinators and with the agreement/support of local communities.
- General Management:
- Line manage national staff, conducting performance reviews, setting objectives and ensuring expected performance criteria are met.
- Adapt the team structure according to needs, resources and capacities if required, with support of technical coordinators as required.
- Develop job descriptions and recruit qualified staff (national) for the relevant position under Programme sector.
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s of working experience in Managing program in humanitarian context and experience in complex emergencies and high-security environments.
- Experience of access management in a high-security context, demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and adaptive manner, including security actors and local authorities.
- Working experiences with at least 3 of the 4 sectors to be covered by the position (Food Security, WASH/Shelter, Livelihood and Protection).
- Master’s Degree in social sciences or in any of the technical sectors to be covered by this position (internal development, Food Security, WASH, Shelter & NFIs and Protection).
- Proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required.
- Strong experience in conducting large scale distributions in remote locations with limited humanitarian presence.
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment.
- Strong reporting, report-writing and assessment skills.
- Fluency written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.