Deadline: 3 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Operations Officer in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Associate Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the preparation of new ESG AS projects including identification of project countries and key areas of support, undertake baseline assessments, design project components and activities, develop project budgets and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks, and draft high-quality project documents including concept notes and implementation plans.
- Lead on technical implementation of all project activities (e.g. led engagement with all project partners, prepare technical inputs and feedback on ESG guidelines and regulations, develop course materials and deliver workshop/trainings, undertake diagnostics of client’s ESG practices, preparation of AS proposals and taking the lead on AS support delivery) and oversee all tasks supported by consultants, ensuring highest levels of product quality and client service at the project level.
- Engagement and follow up with local partners including leading discussions on activities to be supported, preparation of project implementation plans, development of cooperation agreements and execution of all project activities.
- Draft and process all program related documents including workplans, terms of reference, Integrity Due Diligence – IDDs, project budget updates, extension memo’s etc. in line with IFC’s AS governance procedures.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. environmental management, social sciences, or another related field).
- 5-10 year’s of experience working with IFC’s Performance Standards and understanding of good international industry practices for environmental and social standards (e.g. IFC Sustainability Framework and supporting documents such as Guidance Notes, EHS Guidelines (www.ifc.org/ehsguidelines).
- 5-10 year’s of practical experience working with Financial Intermediaries (FIs) on environmental and social risk management, including demonstrated understanding of the concept of management systems for FIs and familiarity with financial sector products, financial institutions, private equity funds and how these operate, as well as sustainable finance opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record of designing and delivering training on E&S.
- Experience and proven ability to work with senior management of firms and regulators.
- Familiarity with IFC’s Advisory Services operations, policies and procedures, and systems a plus Excellent project management skills including work planning, budgeting; monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, deal with frequent unexpected changes, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in spoken and written English is essential.
- French a plus.
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa critical.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.