Deadline: 4 March 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Social Development Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this project is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Social Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Management
- Support the adoption, implementation and monitoring of ADB’s gender and development policy and associated guidelines and tip sheets into assigned projects by ensuring comprehensive analysis and evaluation of gender aspects of social safeguards into project documents at all stages of the project cycle.
- During due diligence, conducts a preliminary review of any gender assessments/ analyses, gender action plans and, if relevant, environmental and social impact assessment reports, social development plans, labor management plans, retrenchment plans, environmental and social management systems, and gender aspects of social safeguards plans and frameworks.
- Provides support to private sector clients on incorporating gender development dimensions of social safeguards in the design and implementation of agribusiness, healthcare infrastructure sector projects in particular.
- Strategic and Planning Work
- Support the review and update of policies, guidelines, tip sheets and other documents related to gender and development.
- Supports the development of work plans and work planning for the gender team.
- Knowledge Management
- Support the development of knowledge products and services, including the formulation of policies, guidelines and preparation of handbooks, best practice manuals, etc., by reviewing project design and implementation experiences, liaising with project practitioners and gender experts, and monitoring the applicability of current methods.
- Assist in the preparation of training modules and programs on gender and development in social safeguards, social protection, gender-sensitive consultation and participation, and preparation of other knowledge products as necessary.
- Internal and External Networking
- Participate in the activitiy of various communities of practice and networks.
- Keep abreast of gender-related issues, policies, guidelines and processes of other multilateral, bilateral financing and other institutions.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in gender, social sciences, development studies.
- At least 6 year’s relevant experience in the field of social development, gender and development or gender/diversity and social safeguards.
- Proven project/field-based experience on gender analysis, social safeguards and impact measurement.
- Proficiency with undertaking gender analysis and knowledge of ADB’s policies on gender and development.
- Knowledge of statistics and social research methods as applied to gender analysis and ex-post assessment of gendered impacts of projects.
- Familiarity in use of information technology, particularly in the management of database and information management systems.
- Effective report writing and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.