Deadline: 13 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer (Case Management) in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Child Protection Officer (Case Management) will perform the following functions:
- Assess individual protection issues identified during daily activities and make appropriate referrals for services to humanitarian or other actors as per the referral pathway or best practices.
- Train and support protection volunteers to identify and assist affected individuals.
- Identify cases in need of urgent response, guided by DRC’s case management and IPA SOPs, and directly follow-up/accompany affected individuals to service providers when needed to ensure beneficiary access to services.
- Implement all steps of the case management process: including community outreach, case intake and initial assessment, detailed assessment and case planning, making referrals, case review, follow-up, and case closure.
- Conduct daily visits to children placed in alternative care (foster families) and provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems and develop case plan and interventions to return the child home whenever possible.
- Ensure filing and documentation of all CP cases using CPIMS.
- Provide individual psychosocial support to children and their care givers. Determine the need for therapeutic psychosocial, psychiatric support, health care, shelter, nutrition, NFI’s for further referral to specialized services.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, development studies, guidance and counselling, law, or relevant fields (desirable).
- Previous 2 year’s of experience working with vulnerable children in a refugee setting, preferably in protection or a related field.
- Experience of working with non-governmental organization, UN, or local organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with empathy and respect with individuals and groups from various backgrounds.
- Good communication skills in Chittagonian or Rohingya.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written English (basic).
- Good organizational skills and capacity to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Experience implementing refugee protection interventions and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable persons or groups.
- Knowledge and previous experience of the Rohingya refugee response in Bangladesh or Myanmar.
- Chittagonian language skills.
- Fluency in spoken English and strong writing/reporting skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.