Deadline: 25 October 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Specialist in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support the preparation/design of the VAC/social service workforce programme under output one of the UNICEF ECO Child Protection programme.
- Monitor and verify the optimum/appropriate use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners/donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on child protection and related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for child protection programmes and emergency interventions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in relevant disciplines of social sciences (international development, sociology) or public policy, public health or related technical fields.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in developing, implementing and monitoring child protection programming in VAC and social welfare services.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Experience working and familiarity in the UN, other international development organization is an asset.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.