Deadline: 12 January 2020
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Manager in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Communications Manager will be responsible to provide specialist inputs for the Technical Assistance for Education Systems Strengthening (TASS) program, co-located with INOVASI.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will perform the following functions-
- Build on the established program, continue to design and implement a practical strategy to communicate, share knowledge, and generate informed dialogue about what works to improve learning, including verified international research findings and lessons from INOVASI.
- Ensure INOVASI’s communications strategy and products are aligned with DFAT’s and MoEC’s communication needs, through close coordination with counterparts.
- In executing the INOVASI Communications Strategy, oversee communications specialists, officers, and assistants in Jakarta and sub-national offices, as well as a pool of graphic designers, translators, and copy editors.
- Ensure that information and communications strategies are appropriately differentiated for different stakeholders, including for DFAT, Australian public, teachers and principals, district and provincial officials, national policy makers, teacher training institutes, community and NGOs.
- Provide advice and participate in the preparation of succinct, relevant, and responsive ad hoc information briefs and infographics on education and related issues.
- Manage INOVASI’s digital platforms, including liaising with the DFAT communications teams and other donor-funded education programs to produce content.
- Support INOVASI policy engagement and advocacy activities, including supporting the development of bespoke products and presentations, messaging and stakeholder mapping.
- Oversee the execution of INOVASI’s national and provincial level Temu INOVASI events.
- With the MERL team, coordinate INOVASI’s internal knowledge management platforms and initiatives.
- Organize and coordinate media coverage of all of INOVASI’s key events, and lead media.
- Identify opportunities to promote the TASS program alongside INOVASI communications, particularly in instances where the two programs collaborate at national or sub-national level.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in the fields of Social Science, Development Studies, Communication and Media, Public Relations or related subjects.
- Extensive relevant work experience in the communications and media and /or education advocacy and promotions.
- Track record of working on or with development programs (preferably donor funded) and understanding of donors’ communications priorities (preferably DFAT).
- Experience establishing contacts and networks within local, national and International (Australian) media outlets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of strong stakeholder relations, with ability to work in sensitive situations and challenging policy environments.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Indonesian government and its development priorities is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.