Deadline: 26 May 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement a robust CFS Communications Strategy that raises the profile of the Committee and its past/present work among target audiences in the food security policy sector.
- Manage the CFS public website in FAO’s official languages, ensuring it is kept up to date with relevant information.
- Supervise a comprehensive redesign of the CFS public website, in line with the host agency’s (FAO) rules and procedures, working with FAO’s CIO and consultants (if/as needed).
- Lead and coordinate development of communications tools and meeting documents for use by the Secretariat, the Bureau, Advisory Group, Open Ended Working Groups, etc.
- Coordinate the planning and rollout of the annual CFS 47 Plenary session, including after-action analysis and surveys to measure impact.
- Coordinate the selection and implementation of the CFS 47 Side Event process and the CFS 47 Information Marketplace.
- Provide support for all CFS intersessional activities, to ensure they are properly planned, streamlined, and all communication opportunities are maximized.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Science or other field of reference to public policy.
- 5 to 10 year’s of relevant experience in communication and media.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and working knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or Russian would be an asset.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Extent and relevance of experience in communications.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.