Deadline: 29 February 2020
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for identifying and implementing the PFU’s communication opportunities and ensuring that the impact and effectiveness of the efforts of the PFU are suitably packaged and disseminated in order to contribute to the unit’s, and the broader organisation’s goals.
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- The development and implementation of a workplan for the policy and future’s component as part of the overall communications plan for WWF
- Develop a strategic communication plan in line with WWF’s overall communications strategy.
- Provide strategic communication guidance and hands-on comms support to the unit.
- Proactively provide support to improve the PFU’s strategic direction and ensure responsiveness to opportunities to strengthen pathways for impact within key sectors and audiences (business, government and civil society).
- Proactive management of the unit’s work in the public space by packaging it for key audiences
- Understand key audiences (general public, government and business) and know how they consume information and content, and identify tactics and approaches to most effectively reach these target audiences.
- Craft key messages for target audiences tailored for various outlets and platforms to ensure consistent, compelling content.
- Coordinate and write material required for PFU’s traditional media needs: press releases, blogs, articles, opinion pieces and other relevant media vehicles as identified.
- Develop fresh, up to date content for digital platforms including the WWF website and social media accounts.
- Support comms event team with managing organisation events
- Identify and drive opportunities for public debates and events with a PFU theme.
- Ensure PFU material is included in organisation events as required.
- Provide a strong bridge between PFU and comms
- Participate in both units’ regular meetings as well as strategy and planning sessions.
- Pursue and develop new projects, partnerships and funding opportunities as well as contributing content for fundraising proposals.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Conduct analysis of the reach and impact of PFU communication activities in line with the unit strategy and objectives as well as the objectives of the WWF communication strategy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of a humanities or science undergraduate degree.
- At least 5-10 year’s of communications experience with solid policy or advocacy experience.
- Experience in communicating effectively across a wide range of technical subjects and an appetite for reading and decoding technical information.
- Proven track record in writing well and clearly across a variety of platforms, as well as editing and shaping of content for different audiences.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WWF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.