Deadline: 18 September 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Conflict Resolution Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Conflict Resolution Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide conflict prevention and resolution services to employees to resolve any workplace concerns they bring to the Office of the Ombudsman and Mediation Services (the Office).
- Identify options for next steps or resolution of the matter within the WFP system and its rules, including the provision of relevant information and referrals.
- Provide various conflict resolution interventions, including conflict coaching, shuffle diplomacy and mediation.
- Conduct regular visits to WFP regional, country, and field offices to provide in-person conflict resolution services to employees, as well as outreach and training.
- Work collaboratively with relevant actors in various offices to achieve an informal resolution to work-related problems raised by the parties.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in administration, Human Resources, Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Gender Studies or other relevant fields, and training/courses in alternative dispute resolution or conflict management.
- 8 years of relevant professional experience of which 2 years of relevant UN experience and 6 years in the field of International Development, Civil Affairs, Ethics, Ombudsman, HR, Staff Relations and Management Training or Coaching.
- Ability to analyse a wide range of factors affecting conflict dynamics and to identify systemic issues (with regard to policies, procedures, practice, structures, culture or attitude) and to formulate clear recommendations for addressing those issues in order to facilitate change at the systemic level.
- Understand the importance of outreach and is able to deliver oral presentations to various audiences; able to diplomatically handle sensitive situations and cultivate productive relationships with target audiences and stakeholders.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Intermediate (level B) knowledge in French or Spanish Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.