Deadline: 27 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Consortium Manager (Economic Recovery) in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Consortium Manager (Economic Recovery) will perform the following functions:
- Lead on the overall implementation and delivery of the MADAD Economic Recovery programme and coordinate consortium partners and monitor recovery programme activities to ensure full compliance with project targets, deadlines and other commitments, including donor compliance requirements.
- Overall leadership of the Consortium Management Unit (CMU) comprising of two fully dedicated staff – a finance specialist and a MEAL specialist and two staff from the DRC Lebanon office dedicating 30% of their time to the consortium – Communication Specialist and Grants officer.
- Ensure that core functions (internal and external coordination, financial oversight and compliance; M&E, donor liaison, communication activities and reporting, etc.) are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead regular Consortium Technical Working Group meetings composed of focal points from each organization (Economic Recovery, MEAL, Communication, Advocacy, Heads of Programmes etc. depending on priorities) to provide technical support and guidance to consortium organizations in the timely and quality implementation of the programme.
- Ensure that the steering committee is abreast of all project related issues and opportunities, from programmatic implementation perspective and strategic perspective.
- Lead regular steering committee meetings, (monthly or bi-monthly) to ensure that consortium partners are kept abreast of programme implementation, any challenges that need to be flagged and opportunities to raise.
- Present regular (generally bi-weekly) briefings and documentation on programme progress to the Country Director to ensure that the LINKED Steering Committee is informed of and consulted on critical issues and report to the Steering Committee regularly (generally, quarterly.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s in Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or other relevant field.
- Experience in managing and leading projects within partner networks or consortia.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in economic recovery approaches, with ideally a focus on employability and business support activities, with a strong understanding of protection principles and programming.
- Demonstrated experience with support services and associated compliance, including in finance management, logistics, procurement and HR.
- M&E experience, including with design and implementation of base-line survey, monitoring and evaluation functions in complex programmes.
- Experience working with local civil society actors and local/government authorities.
- Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in directly and indirect staff management.
- Experience with a range of donors, with specific experience and knowledge of the European Union’s regulations and requirements.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Arabic language skills desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.