Deadline: 8 July 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement a coherent country programme that contributes to achieving Concern’s global strategy and objectives in particular addressing emergency needs of refugees.
- Provide leadership in the overall effective planning and direction of Concern’s programme and operations at country level.
- Build strong and committed team of national and international staff adhering to Concern policies and procedures and applying key principles of transparency, accountability, good stewardship and participation.
- Security Management
- Take overall responsibility for the security and safety of Concern personnel and resources.
- Be responsible for participatory development and implementation of the Country Security Management Plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaise with necessary external bodies to keep abreast of current affairs in order to maintain an awareness of economic, political, humanitarian and security developments.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Third Level Degree preferably in social science or development management or business management or related discipline.
- At least 5 year’s overseas experience in management and coordination of humanitarian interventions and emergency response with at least 3 year’s experience in a senior management position.
- Experience in insecure and complex contexts and environments.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability/confidence to engage and represent Concern at public forums, media and donors.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills and coping with broad range of demands.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.