Deadline: 10 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Management and GIS Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Data Management and GIS Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review and verify large sets of data, control consistency across various tools and formats; Report issues and collaborate with relevant colleagues to take corrective action.
- Conduct data entry in database.
- Drawing on existing IPC Resources and repositories, provide data and inputs for global reporting deliverables, such as the Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC), Early Warning Early Action Reports, Reports to the UN Security Council etc.
- Collaborate to the development of continuous improvement mechanisms (feedback, lessons learned, documentation of common issues, etc.) and recommend solutions to solve data inconsistencies.
- Maintain an updated archive of collected data and reports.
- Participate in the review and testing of new Information Management tools.
- Produce maps to support the IPC Global Support Unit and manage shape files produced in IPC Analyses.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University education in social sciences, computer science, information technology, engineering, geospatial information science, remote sensing, cartography, geography or a related field.
- At least 1 year of work experience for base level assignments or at least 5 year’s for middle level assignments in data processing and management, GIS and other relevant fields.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish.
- Working knowledge of English only.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.