Deadline: 21 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Preparedness Response Associate in, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Emergency Preparedness Response Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the EPR Officer with the implementation of the EPRP package, including Minimum and Advanced Preparedness Actions (MPAs/APAs), risk mapping, CONOPs, and development of other key EPR documents.
- Frequently monitor the ongoing programmes and proactively reach out to Units and Sectors to assess preparedness needs and gaps, and follow-up on key actions and recommendations.
- Maintain and update key information in the Business Continuity Plan and monitor changes in staff to ensure they are reflected in the plan.
- Provide writing and logistical support to the organisation of capacity-building exercises (SIMEX, table-tops, etc.), including writing of injects, scenario and reports, as well as setting-up the venue, liaising with participants and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity-building exercises for WFP Cooperating Partners and Retailers and translate EPR-related documents into Bangla when required.
- Develop and/or augment core procedures associated with information management and data readiness during emergencies.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, international affairs, development economics or another related field.
- Minimum 3 year’s of work experience in UN organizations, international and/or national non-governmental organizations, with a focus on humanitarian policy, emergency preparedness and response, human rights, protection, international law, or any other humanitarian-related field, are required.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of Bangla.
- WFP language is an asset but not required.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.