Deadline: 21 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Preparedness Response Associate in, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency Preparedness Response Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the EPR Officer with the implementation of the EPRP package, including Minimum and Advanced Preparedness Actions (MPAs/APAs), risk mapping, CONOPs, and development of other key EPR documents.
- Frequently monitor the ongoing programmes and proactively reach out to Units and Sectors to assess preparedness needs and gaps, and follow-up on key actions and recommendations.
- Maintain and update key information in the Business Continuity Plan and monitor changes in staff to ensure they are reflected in the plan.
- Provide writing and logistical support to the organisation of capacity-building exercises (SIMEX, table-tops, etc.), including writing of injects, scenario and reports, as well as setting-up the venue, liaising with participants and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity-building exercises for WFP Cooperating Partners and Retailers and translate EPR-related documents into Bangla when required.
- Develop and/or augment core procedures associated with information management and data readiness during emergencies.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, international affairs, development economics or another related field.
- Minimum 3 year’s of work experience in UN organizations, international and/or national non-governmental organizations, with a focus on humanitarian policy, emergency preparedness and response, human rights, protection, international law, or any other humanitarian-related field, are required.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of Bangla.
- WFP language is an asset but not required.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.