Deadline: 14 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Pemba, Mozambique.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Emergency Preparedness
- In coordination with Field Operations and Emergencies section, support the preparedness of FO for case scenarios linked to military operations, increased conflict, asymmetric terrorism attack, and natural disaster.
- Emergency Response
- Support the implementation, expansion, and lessons learned of the interagency Rapid Response Mechanism in coordination with the A-HCT and ICCG, and ongoing JRP (Joint Response Plan with WFP and IOM).
- Field Office Emergency Coordination
- Support the overall efforts of the Field Office, to ensure the required emergency response for displacement crisis, raining-cyclonic seasons is in alignment with the Core Commitments for Children.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines.
- Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration.
- Specialized training/experience in emergency response management highly desirable.
- At least 2 year’s work in humanitarian situations is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Italian is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.