Deadline: 11 May 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice and support on environmental risks and impacts in new investments and select advisory engagements.
- Undertake Environmental and Social (E&S) due diligence of IFC’s proposed investments:gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects.
- Identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts, production of high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation.
- Identification of opportunities for value-add in project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with IFC E&S requirements.
- Maintain an oversight of a personal portfolio of appraisal and supervision clients.Proactively monitor the environmental performance of multiple portfolio clients.
- Coordinate supervision efforts with Regional Team Lead(s); provide input to portfolio analysis and trends at portfolio management reviews.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate/Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline (e.g. environmental, social sciences, science, engineering).
- Minimum 10 year’s working experience, preferably in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts for financial intermediaries.
- Knowledge of IFC’s Sustainability Framework and Performance Standards.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from sometimes limited data.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to communicate in other languages will be an advantage.
- Work experience in one or more Middle East and/or African countries and ability to travel extensively in the region.
- Ability to operate as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.