Deadline: 11 May 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice and support on environmental risks and impacts in new investments and select advisory engagements.
- Undertake Environmental and Social (E&S) due diligence of IFC’s proposed investments:gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects.
- Identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts, production of high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation.
- Identification of opportunities for value-add in project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with IFC E&S requirements.
- Maintain an oversight of a personal portfolio of appraisal and supervision clients.Proactively monitor the environmental performance of multiple portfolio clients.
- Coordinate supervision efforts with Regional Team Lead(s); provide input to portfolio analysis and trends at portfolio management reviews.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate/Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant discipline (e.g. environmental, social sciences, science, engineering).
- Minimum 10 year’s working experience, preferably in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts for financial intermediaries.
- Knowledge of IFC’s Sustainability Framework and Performance Standards.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information sources, and draw conclusions from sometimes limited data.
- Exemplary project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to communicate in other languages will be an advantage.
- Work experience in one or more Middle East and/or African countries and ability to travel extensively in the region.
- Ability to operate as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.