Deadline: 30 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of External Relation/Resource Mobilization in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The External Relation/Resource Mobilization will perform following functions-
- Lead, under the overall guidance of the Head, WHO Country Office, and working closely with counterparts at the respective Regional Office and HQ, the incumbent is responsible for developing a resource mobilization and grant management plan required to finance the emergency prevention, preparedness, recovery and response activities in the country.
- Establish partnerships with the technical leads overseeing the programme and the administrative staff to ensure the adequate use and reporting of the funds following donor requirements.
- Develop a flexible and innovative resource mobilization strategy to ensure sustainable financing for the work of WHE at country level.
- Identify and partner with main humanitarian donors to the country (in consultation with HQ and Regional Office resource mobilization teams).
- Represent WHO at donor coordination meetings; proactively contribute to negotiations for rapid donor agreements.
- Research the interests and application requirements of the main donors and other sources of funding to the country, identifying trends as well as opportunities and risks and positioning WHE as appropriate, in consultation with HQ.
Applicants must hav-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in social sciences, international relations, political sciences, communications, marketing, management, economics accounting, financial management, business or public administration from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Specific studies on resource mobilization, communication, studies on development and humanitarian work.
- At least 10 years of related experience, at the national and international level, in resource mobilization, external relations and grants management.
- Proven experience in writing resource mobilization proposals, donor reports and related documents.
- Prior working experience with WHO/UN, health cluster partners or with an international nongovernmental or recognized humanitarian organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (depending on the country of assignment).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.