Deadline: 24 May 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Federal Governance Specialist and Development Partner Coordinator in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Federal Governance Specialist and Development Partner Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Provide high quality technical support, including programme follow-up and quality assurance, to enable successful implementation of PLGSP.
- Contribute directly to the achievement of PLGSP outputs, output one Federal level institutions develop legislations and policies to support Provincial and Local Governments in a consultative manner, and output two Federal level institutions develop tools and systems to support PLGs in a consultative process
- Contribute to ensuring mainstreaming of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) throughout programme interventions.
- Support in developing the PLGSP as the framework programme on sub-national governance support.
- Ensure effective and efficient coordination among Development Partners (DPs) and between DPs and the Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration (MoFAGA).
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the concerned authorities of the PCU and UNDP.
Applicants must have:
- Master/Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Public Sector, Management, Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Finance or other related fields.
- At least 7 year’s relevant professional experience with development programme management and working in complex, Government-led programmes in developing countries.
- At least 5 year’s experience of working on federal and subnational governance issues in developing countries.
- Proven experience as a convener of partnerships and consensus around complex multi-stakeholder endeavors in the governance arena.
- Strong analytical and writing skills and a track record of producing high quality reports and other materials.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sensitivity to diverse opinions and the challenges arising from differing social and cultural perceptions.
- Ability to contribute towards conflict resolution in the workplace.
- Professional competencies in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English language is a requirement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.