Deadline: 10 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food System Assistant City Coordinator in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Food System Assistant City Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the annual results-based work plans and result frameworks as endorsed by the project management team of DFS Project.
- Implement different activities of the respective/assigned city corporation in line with the annual work plan and in coordination with the city authority, Town Federation.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with the city authority, working group members, city consultative group, relevant ward councilors, city town federation, DFS Head Office, and other relevant people as and when required.
- Assist in the implementation of city-level activities, these are related to food waste, retail and wholesale markets, distribution of food, food safety regulations and enforcement, pilot initiatives, as well as campaigns to raise awareness, amongst others.
- Assist in technical and logistics aspects in organizing city working group meetings, stakeholder workshops, trainings for city stakeholders, market management committee, city working groups, and community leaders.
- Support project field missions and other in-country missions including organizing community and supporting city for hosting missions.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Agricultural science, Urban and Regional Planning, Business Administration or any other subject related to Urban Governance.
- At least 5 year’s of work experience including 3 year’s in a Project Officer or similar level.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.