Deadline: 2 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Adviser- Electoral Commission in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Gender Adviser- Electoral Commission will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical support to the Electoral Commission (EC) to develop programme strategies that promote International best practices and principles in promoting gender equality in electoral processes.
- Provide technical support and capacity development to the EC staff during the implementation and management of the Electoral support programme.
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on electoral support to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other agencies implementing the programme.
- Coordinate review and engendering of election tools and materials including civic and voter education materials and communication materials.
- Offer technical advice and coordinate mainstreaming of gender within the EC’s policies and programmes including designing strategies for the EC to increase women’s participation in the electoral process and administration.
- Facilitate multi stakeholder dialogues with CSOs, Police, Government ministries and Political Parties with the aim of promoting women’s participation in elections.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s studies, Law, or any related area.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 5 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Additional training in gender and electoral management would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 year’s of experience in development work with specific focus on women and governance of which 3 year’s should have been on programming for women’s effective participation in elections.
- Professional experience in implementing gender responsive electoral processes.
- Experience in dealing with policy makers and senior technical specialists.
- Experience and understanding of the various stages of the electoral cycle.
- Understanding of the mandate of the Electoral Commission.
- Extensive knowledge of the political landscape in Uganda.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.