Deadline: 16 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Analyst in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Gender Analyst will be responsible for all corporate planning, for supporting corporate programming, reporting on gender and for supporting Senior Management in ensuring accountability for gender mainstreaming.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Analyst will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provision of top-quality policy advice services on Gender equality and women’s empowerment and facilitation of knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide advisory to the CO management and programme teams on Gender equality and women’s empowerment, conceptualizing and formulating policy proposals and concepts for internal and external discussions with national partners, international agencies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct gender analysis for the preparation of strategic and project documents including on the analysis of the causes and drivers to propose a theory of change while ensuring responsiveness to national policies, priorities and strategic plans, and advance UNDP’s corporate goals.
- Review documents (reports, action plans, etc) with a gender lens and incorporate gender framework
- Engender any other policy and procedure, strategic or other document, existing project.
- Provide capacity development support of the CO colleagues and partners on gender mainstreaming.
- Ensures effective management of the CO Gender equality and women’s empowerment projects focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country project achieving the following results:
- Design and formulation of CO’s Gender equality and women’s empowerment programme/ project proposals and initiatives, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions. Coordination of project implementation with the executing portfolios and other UN agencies.
- Assist in identifying areas of programmatic engagement with national stakeholders related to social cohesion, peacebuilding and consensus building, as appropriate.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender equality and women’s empowerment; respond to any potential problems.
- Gender-related communication, Research, knowledge building and knowledge sharing, and Codification of Knowledge:
- Provide contributions, as and when necessary, to the development of knowledge networks, communities of practice, surveys and information exchange with the UN counterparts.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- In coordination with PARC Team, foster strategic partnerships and support to the implementation of resource mobilization:
- In coordination with PARC Team, foster strategic partnerships and support to the implementation of resource mobilization.
- In coordination with PARC unit and relevant CO colleagues, strengthen the communication of the project in order to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and to facilitate resource mobilization for the project.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in gender studies and development related disciplines, human rights, political science, behavioral science, or other relevant social science fields.
- First level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with an additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in the area of Gender equality and women’s empowerment at national or international level & experience in providing advisory services on gender and women’s empowerment.
- Knowledge of the Syrian social, economic and political context is essential.
- Advanced user of computers and office software packages.
- Experience implementing gender-responsive initiatives is required.
- Experience working on gender related issues in conflict/post-conflict environments is required.
- Excellent proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.