Deadline: 12 May 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Elections Specialist in Bangui, Central African Republic.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender and Elections Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide programme development advisory services and develop programmes in the area of, Leadership and women political participation.
- Manage the implementation and management of the Leadership and women political participation programme.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project.
- Manage the people and financial resources of the Leadership and women political participation programme.:
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies.
- Manage inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for the Leadership and women political participation.
- Lead advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level integrating gender equality and political participation and representation; including proven experience integrating gender equality and electoral cycle, women’s political participation, and gender based electoral violence mitigation.
- Experience with UN Intergovernmental processes including those related to women’s empowerment, gender mainstreaming and gender equality.
- Previous experience in field-based election in a variety of cultural and political contexts.
- Experience working with multi-stakeholder organizations is essential: governments, CSOs, and the UN/ multilateral/bilateral institutions.
- Experience in programme design and results-based management.
- Experience with UN electoral assistance processes.
- Technical experience in leadership and women political participation.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written French and English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Sango is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.