Deadline: 2 March 2020
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Social Protection Specialist in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of this post is 11 months.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Gender and Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of the FAO Regional Gender Equality Strategy for Europe and Central Asia 2019-2022 and the FAO Policy on Gender Equality for gender-equitable results under the Regional Initiative 1, 2 and 3, and FAO Strategic Programming;
- Assist the REU Gender team in ensuring that gender concerns are mainstreamed across FAO work in the region, regional initiatives and key programmes and projects at regional and country level, according to FAO standards.
- Support integration of social protection in FAO regional initiatives, programmes and projects in REU countries, where relevant / feasible (e.g. fishery, livestock, climate change adaptation, NRM and DRR).
- Assist to ensure that gender mainstreaming of FAO projects is taking place throughout the project cycle.
- Provide technical backstopping to REU Gender Team, including support to the GFPs and national gender consultants and their management, in coordination with the decentralized offices.
Support capacity development in gender mainstreaming for FAO gender focal points (GFPs), technical staff and national partners.
- Provide technical support to the governments on gender mainstreaming at policy and grass-roots levels, by analysing national strategies and country activities and providing recommendations and contributing to awareness raising on social protection and its linkages to sustainable agriculture, food security and nutrition, climate risk management and disaster risk reduction.
- Contribute to the knowledge generation in gender, agriculture and rural development in Eastern Europe, Western Balkans, South Caucasus and Central Asia, by conducting research at regional and country level, and preparing reports and publications.
- Provide inputs in advocacy for gender mainstreaming and social protection in the region.
- Contribute to regional, sub-regional and national events, which shape policy discourse in agriculture and rural development sensitive and responsive to gender equality concerns in the region.
- Support technical and policy-level dialogue on gender and nutrition-sensitive social protection and agriculture for poverty reduction and improved food security and nutrition of the rural poor, including through participation in thematic inter-agency working groups, workshops, roundtables and other events.
- Perform any other tasks as might be requested by the REU Gender Team.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, development studies, or related area.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in in gender and / or social protection, preferably in agriculture, rural development, nutrition and food security context.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Work experience at field / country level.
- Familiarity with / prior experience in the region.
- Knowledge of / experience in socio-economic research and methodologies related to gender and social protection in rural context of developing countries.
- Analytical and research skills with focus on gender and inequalities.
- Prior experience in international organizations, preferably in FAO or other entities of the UN system.
- Working knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.