Deadline: 4 October 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender & Development Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Gender & Development Specialist will perform following functions-
- Understand overall global development context, including issues such as: poverty, conflict, and the impact of these factors on gender equality and child rights and vice-versa.
- Knowledge of global developments in country/regional/global gender equality issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current trends, methods and approaches, including substantive, technical and programmatic skills in gender along with sectorial expertise in at least one of the following sectors: Health, Education, WASH, HIV/AIDS, Protection, Social Policy, C4D, ECD, or combined expertise in Adolescents.
- Connect sectorial issues and programmatic approaches on gender; experience with this in emergency contexts an asset.
- Ability to contextualize and be able to translate the approaches into practicable programme/project design in complex environments where gender issues are often sensitive to raise within certain national contexts.
- Develop proposals and secure resources for programme and research initiatives with a strong gender component.
- Ability to support policy dialogue: translation of analytical findings and evidence into development programs and policy discussions around gender, equity and child rights with partners, including government, development partners, CSOs and academia in relevant areas.
- Advance knowledge management by identifying, presenting and disseminating both quantitative and qualitative data and knowledge for advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the social sciences (i.e. sociology, demography, psychology, political science, social policy or economics), public health, public policy, public administration, international development, or in an area relevant to UNICEF’s sectorial work (e.g. Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Social Inclusion, HIV/AIDs, etc.).
- Academic credentials in gender are a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on gender and development in key issue areas that are the focus of UNICEF’s Gender Action Plan.
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and delivering results-based programmes/projects on gender and development or any other cross cutting programme, especially at country/field level, experience in emergency response is an asset.
- Fluency in both English and French is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.