Deadline: 28 January 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist in Nepal.
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and conducting data collection and analysis activities, including: reviewing and analyzing family planning, youth, and health policies, mapping organizations and individuals involved in the family planning and youth development sectors, scheduling and conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions; analyzing data, and summarizing results.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist will perform the following:
- Activity Design and Desk Review
- Identify and collect national and provincial-level policies, operational plans and guidelines, budgets, and monitoring and implementation reports related to youth, health, and family planning.
- Provide technical input (written and verbal) on the key informant interview guide and focus group discussion guide.
- Review and provide written input on a text analysis of selected policies.
- Data collection
- Schedule interviews with key informants and focus groups discussants, according to the research plan.
- Use the key informant interview guide and the focus group discussion guide to conduct interviews/discussions.
- Record (with prior consent) all interviews and provide files to the HP+ project team in a timely manner.
- Type detailed interview and focus group notes, referring to the recordings as needed to ensure the interviews and discussions are accurately and thoroughly documented.
- Prepare report documenting the field work and data collection process.
- Data Analysis and Dissemination
- Provide written input on draft findings and final report.
- Organize and coordinate a meeting to collect input from representatives from government, civil society, USAID and other donors on the findings.
- Task include developing invitation list, sending invitations, booking the venue, preparing the agenda, developing presentations and handouts, and facilitating the meeting.
- Management and Communication
- Provide updates on tasks outlined in the SOW twice a week via email or Skype.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated experience conducting similar assignments in Nepal.
- Demonstrate the following capabilities: conducting policy analyses and qualitative interviews, expertise in gender equality and social inclusion, youth, and male engagement, understanding of current family planning policies and programs for youth in Nepal.
- University Degree in social sciences, public health, development studies (or a related field).
- Educational background in research and qualitative methods strongly desired.
- Staff working on the assignment must be proficient in English and Nepali.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.