Deadline: 2 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Mainstreaming and Coordination Officer in Mbarara, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Gender Mainstreaming and Coordination Officer will perform the following functions-
- Strengthen Gender Coordination at the Field Level
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) in respective area of operation.
- Work closely with the Head of Field Office to develop strategic partnerships and support Gender Coordination in the UNACT and other parties including the District Local Governments, civil society, private sector, and cultural, religious institutions.
- Improving the connection between the field and UN Women Uganda Country Office on UNDAF/UNSCDF reporting and planning as well as roll-out key UN Women documents/policies in the field – such as the UNSG Strategy on Gender Parity and accompanying Enabling Guidelines.
- Capacity Building
- Work with UNAC Chair, DLG, OPM, Private Sector and Civil Society to identify capacity gaps on gender within the UN, relevant government, civil society and private actors; and make recommendations for capacity strengthening.
- Develop standardized training materials and share simplified user-friendly tools with all agencies and implementing partners in gender mainstreaming and women empowerment.
- Support the harmonization of strategies in approaching common issues such as addressing negative social/cultural barriers, collection and use of sex disaggregated data and youth engagement.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 5 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/Programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressive experience at the national or international level on Gender Equality, women’s empowerment and human rights with a strong background on strategic management and coordinating Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment within the UN, with government, civil society and private sector.
- Experience in capacity building and training UN, government or private sector staff on gender-mainstreaming, including on GiHA and PSEA.
- Experience in areas of Women Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action.
- Familiarity with data, indicators and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Experience in mobilizing resources.
- Familiarity with results-based management and rights-based programming.
- Familiarity with UN system and UN Women gender coordination mandate.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.