Deadline: 24 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management and Data Technical Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Information Management and Data Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Act as data management and focal point for the ICLA Lebanon programme.
- Act as a focal point for Digital ICLA initiatives on social media, usage of digital technology and information dissemination.
- Extract and process ICLA data for research and legal analysis purposes.
- Provide technical inputs about data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools.
- Carry out data analysis of relevant information produced by ICLA and other sources.
- Support in the planning and implementation of data collection activities.
- Frequently review ICLA data collected to ensure consistency, completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct regular data cleaning processes.
- Code surveys as needed in KOBO, or other software if needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, social sciences, economics, public health, or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 to 3 year’s of experience in information / data management, preferably in development or humanitarian organisations.
- Proficiency in survey design tools (i.e KOBO) is required.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools – Power BI is an asset.
- Experience and proven interest in digital solutions and technologies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (advanced Excel skills required) and Office 365.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.