Deadline: 24 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management and Data Technical Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management and Data Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Act as data management and focal point for the ICLA Lebanon programme.
- Act as a focal point for Digital ICLA initiatives on social media, usage of digital technology and information dissemination.
- Extract and process ICLA data for research and legal analysis purposes.
- Provide technical inputs about data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools.
- Carry out data analysis of relevant information produced by ICLA and other sources.
- Support in the planning and implementation of data collection activities.
- Frequently review ICLA data collected to ensure consistency, completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct regular data cleaning processes.
- Code surveys as needed in KOBO, or other software if needed.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, social sciences, economics, public health, or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 to 3 year’s of experience in information / data management, preferably in development or humanitarian organisations.
- Proficiency in survey design tools (i.e KOBO) is required.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools – Power BI is an asset.
- Experience and proven interest in digital solutions and technologies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (advanced Excel skills required) and Office 365.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.