Deadline: 16 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Junior Communications Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Junior Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the refinement and implementation of a robust CFS Communications and Outreach Strategy to enhance the Committee’s visibility, thought leadership, and positioning.
- Contribute to the profiling of the Committee’s past/present work to promote the Strategy’s implementation among key target audiences in the global food security policy sector.
- Support the production of strategic outreach and communication materials on the Committee’s work and their dissemination to disaggregated audiences through multiple channels.
- Support the development of communications tools and meeting documents for use by the CFS Chairperson, Secretariat, Bureau, Advisory Group, Open Ended Working Groups, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide editing services related to CFS documents, to ensure they are accurate and concise.
- Help administer the CFS public website in FAO’s official languages, ensuring it is kept up to date with relevant information.
- Support the management of the Committee’s social media accounts to drive outreach and engagement.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or other field of reference to public policy.
- 1 to 5 year’s of relevant experience in communication and media.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Familiarity with Typo-3, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and communications software and platforms is a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.