Deadline: 16 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Junior Communications Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Junior Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the refinement and implementation of a robust CFS Communications and Outreach Strategy to enhance the Committee’s visibility, thought leadership, and positioning.
- Contribute to the profiling of the Committee’s past/present work to promote the Strategy’s implementation among key target audiences in the global food security policy sector.
- Support the production of strategic outreach and communication materials on the Committee’s work and their dissemination to disaggregated audiences through multiple channels.
- Support the development of communications tools and meeting documents for use by the CFS Chairperson, Secretariat, Bureau, Advisory Group, Open Ended Working Groups, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide editing services related to CFS documents, to ensure they are accurate and concise.
- Help administer the CFS public website in FAO’s official languages, ensuring it is kept up to date with relevant information.
- Support the management of the Committee’s social media accounts to drive outreach and engagement.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or other field of reference to public policy.
- 1 to 5 year’s of relevant experience in communication and media.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Familiarity with Typo-3, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and communications software and platforms is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.