Deadline: 23 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Officer in Zahle, Lebanon.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Document and explain to field staff and local authorities all useful results related to the relevant Governorates in matter of studies, evaluations, researches.
- Assist the local authorities and field office colleagues in the proper and adequate use of the research, evaluations and studies committed by the office and available in the market.
- Provide training to local authorities’ staff in matter of material related to Planning, Monitoring, Results Based Management and Data Management.
- Assist the local authorities (Governorate / Municipalities, etc.) and field office colleagues in the development and implementation of the planning and monitoring frameworks (e.g. work plans, monitoring plans), as well as monitoring tools.
- Responsible for the evidence base at governorate level (e.g. SitAn and Child Knowledge system) to support and coordinating with the field programme officers in approaching local authorities, to discuss entry points that conclude for better programming related to UNICEF.
- Coordinate with the PME Specialist in Beirut to maintain updates in matters of available documents and products at governorate level.
- Ensure the proper setup of planning and monitoring frameworks, such as situation analysis, work plans, monitoring plans and monitoring tools related to the field office, in coordination with the PME team in Beirut.
- Provide mapping products and documentation related to achievements related to the relevant Governorates.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Political sciences, Statistics, Communication, or related fields is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience with humanitarian / development agencies.
- Good knowledge in understanding reports of research, studies and evaluations.
- Good knowledge in dealing with numbers and infographics.
- Good knowledge in planning and monitoring concepts.
- Good knowledge in producing, understanding and explaining cartographic products.
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.