Deadline: 10 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in North Lebanon, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Actively lead the implementation of the livelihoods activities at Hadatha Association in a way that ensures coherence between planned activities and commitments outlined in project proposals.
- Map employers from private sector and perform outreach to engage them in the possibility of hosting apprentices.
- Follow up and monitor apprenticeship placements to ensure a successful fit, a positive learning experience, and monitor compliance to grant requirements.
- Map livelihood actors and training service providers and engage with them in the possibility of referring participants to their trainings, cash for work project, BDS programs etc.
- Follow up and monitor referred participants to ensure participants successfully received the needed service.
- Visit employers (businesses), NGOs, UN agencies, vocational training providers to explain the role of the DRC Employment Center and its services, to obtain job vacancies, place and refer jobseekers on a weekly basis.
- Conduct data collection on the local labor market and enter collected information on Job Vacancies, Training opportunities and self-employment support programs into the database and provide a list of job vacancy in the Community Development Center where DRC employment center is.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor University Degree; preferably related to international development, social sciences, economics, business, or education.
- 3 year’s minimum experience with INGOs, preferably in Livelihoods, or related sectors, which would include experience with the following activities:
- Engagement with the private sector and providing job placement.
- Knowledge of the local labour market and livelihoods pathways for vulnerable individuals.
- Conducting market assessments.
- Training and facilitation for staff and community groups.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.