Deadline: 10 June 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Cluster Head of Information Management in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Logistics Cluster Head of Information Management will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of the Logistics Cluster Strategy.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the outputs of the Information Management team at the Global Logistics Cluster (GLC) as well as in the field in order to contribute to an effective and efficient emergency response by the Logistics Cluster.
- Manage a team of Information Management Officers, providing daily guidance, mentoring and career planning for the team members.
- Perform as driver for the creation and maintenance of information management tools; assessment and analyses of upcoming trends in IM, and the implementation and maintenance of Information Management activities, procedures and systems and ensuring the GLC IM guide is kept up to date accordingly.
- Responsible for the management and continued development of the Logistics Cluster Website and other tools.
- Field support
- Act as information gate keeper, checking all information received from the field, key business users, supporting units and other sources, ensuring consistency in content, presentation and quality of all published material.
- Coordinate and assist in the drafting and development of project funding documentation for a variety of donors, in cooperation with the GLC Operations team.
- Coordinate and prepare briefing material on Emergency Operations for a variety of stakeholders (donors, partners, internal, global meeting).
- Responsible for identifying and briefing for deployment qualified Information Management personnel who will be responsible for Logistics Cluster Information Management in emergency responses and ensure relevant briefings and debriefings including creation of a info packages for Logistics Cluster deployments.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, social sciences, international relations, communications, journalism or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 6 year’s of professional experience including: working in an international context; responsibility in a logistics role; experience with reporting/tracking systems; working in an emergency response.
- Previous experience in emergencies is important.
- Experience in managing teams is important.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- B1 level in second UN language is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.