Deadline: 7 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Field Assistant in Tripoli, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Field Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Undertake field monitoring trips to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, focus group discussions, and community visits.
- Communicate planning updates when the team is separated.
- Follow through with FGD and interview protocol for data collection.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the M&E coordinator.
- Ensure monitoring schedule, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Organize and conduct interviews, household interviews, and focus group discussions, as instructed.
- Attend the training on the methodology, approach, data collection tools, and measures to protect subjects.
- Email completed FGD and interview note taking sheets following each day of data collection.
- Prepare periodic monitoring reports (as required).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, or related field.
- Relevant work experience in data collection (in Arabic) as part of a research team – preferably in social work, community development, non-government, and/or outreach organizations.
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Access experience preferred).
- Fluency in English both written and orally.
- Ability to fluently translate concepts into Arabic.
- Ability to follow discussion between approximately 8 people and write down key points and quotes.
- Basic knowledge of current approaches to M&E in relief and development programs (desirable).
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include survey development, facilitating KIIs and FGDs, and basic data analysis (desirable).
- Experience using Digital Data collection applications (e.g., ODK, KoboCollect).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.