Deadline: 13 August 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily.
- Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, management and donors.
- Provide training and mentoring for Country Office staff.
- Act as a focal point to organise and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or Annual Country Reviews (ACRs).
- Coach project and programme managers on good planning and reporting cycles.
- Work with project and programme managers on developing and documenting the project governance.
- Work with project and programme managers in the development of VSO Zimbabwe’s M&E system
- Give training to programme and project managers on quality management tools such as work breakdown structure, activity planning, and performance monitoring framework.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Science, or related field.
- 3+ year’s experience in M&E.
- Experience in management of data either in government, private company or development organization.
- Experience in training and mentoring others .
- Data analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledgeable of challenges of working in Africa.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.