Deadline: 13 August 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 6 months.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily.
- Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, management and donors.
- Provide training and mentoring for Country Office staff.
- Act as a focal point to organise and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or Annual Country Reviews (ACRs).
- Coach project and programme managers on good planning and reporting cycles.
- Work with project and programme managers on developing and documenting the project governance.
- Work with project and programme managers in the development of VSO Zimbabwe’s M&E system
- Give training to programme and project managers on quality management tools such as work breakdown structure, activity planning, and performance monitoring framework.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Science, or related field.
- 3+ year’s experience in M&E.
- Experience in management of data either in government, private company or development organization.
- Experience in training and mentoring others .
- Data analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledgeable of challenges of working in Africa.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.