Deadline: 21 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Assistant in Zahle, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Verify the planned distribution of food assistance, report issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Assist in planning M&E activities for all food assistance and livelihoods programs conduct in the field office in alignment with WFP’s policies and directions.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of Ecards and program checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of Ecards.
- Assist in compiling, consolidating and cleaning data at field a level to support operational decision making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support program reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Assist in reviewing, and preparing regular field monitoring and M&E progress reports for various programs including direct food assistance, livelihoods and retail sector.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University Degree in social sciences, economy, nutrition, agriculture or other related fields is a plus.
- At least 3 year’s of progressively responsible experience with at least 1 year experience in the fields of education, humanitarian assistance, retail business, nutrition, livelihoods, agriculture, refugee operation or other related fields.
- Proficiency computer knowledge and usage of MS software package, internet search and mapping.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel.
- Familiarity with other statistical analysis software packages (SPSS is a plus).
- Data cleaning and basic presentation.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.