Deadline: 26 January 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in New Delhi, India.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will be responsible to assist in the development of national capacities for monitoring, evaluation and research, with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of government, community, and civil society stakeholders.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment:
- In coordination with other stakeholders, support the collection of SDGs and other key social development indicators through strengthening national Management Information Systems and innovative approach for data collections to improve national planning and monitoring of SDGs.
- Support partners in the establishment and management of national statistical databases, ensuring that key indicators are readily accessible by key stakeholders.
- Potential uses include the Situation Analysis, Common Country Assessment, Early Warning Monitoring Systems, and Mid-Term Reviews.
- Strategy for Data for children and advocacy:
- Support data landscape analysis and high-level advocacy to strengthen data ecosystem of the county for monitoring and reporting of SDGs and UNICEF Country programme.
- Plan and implement strategy for capacity strengthening of MIS, administrative data systems of the governments and Civil Registration systems to support UNICEF programme monitoring, evidence for policy advocacy, situation analysis and SDGs monitoring.
- Guide and develop innovative technological solutions for strengthening MIS and data systems.
- M&E Systems and Capacity Building:
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M& E function and RMB among all staff members, particularly of Social Policy Programme through communication, training, learning and development activities organization-wide.
- In close collaboration with partners, ensure that an M&E capacity building strategy for UNICEF/UN staff national partners and institutions exists in the context of the IMEP, or UNDAF M&E plan.
- Pay particular attention so the capacity needs of national partners, Management Information Systems in social sector and Civil Registration system will be strengthened by specific capacity building initiatives.
- Programme Performance Monitoring:
- Provide technical support to ensure that a set of programme performance indicators of Social Policy Programme is identified and adjusted as necessary, with inputs of all concerned partners in the context of the multi-year and annual PRIME/IMEPs, the Management Plan and Work Plans, as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Manual).
- Coordinate with partners to ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes to feed into to programme performance monitoring, with special attention to humanitarian response.
- Drawing on monitoring and analysis of key program performance and management indicators, provide professional input to management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports.
- Coordination and Networking:
- Collaborate with Regional M&E Advisers and HQ Evaluation Office for overall coordination of priority research, monitoring and evaluation activities, especially those of regional scope requiring the coordinated effort of multiple countries.
- Partner with the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser to ensure that current and accurate M&E data and results are included in regional reports, multi-country studies, and knowledge sharing networks.
- Undertake lessons-learned reviews on successful and unsuccessful M&E practices and experience at the national level, and ensure they are shared as appropriate.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social sciences, statistics, demography, planning development and IT.
- Professional work experience in strengthening and designing of MIS, development of innovative technological solutions, data management, programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities.
- 5 year’s of relevant professional work experience.
- Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO).
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in methodology of M&E, including theories of change, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in RBM, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, data analysis, and reporting.
- Professional/technical knowledge/expertise in Team Management, Coaching & Training.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.