Deadline : 27 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Officer (Budget and Reporting) in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring Officer (Budget and Reporting) will perform the following functions:
- Budgetary and Financial Utilization Overview and Support
- Assist in dissemination of UNICEF Standard Operating Procedures for financial disbursements and liquidations to SUN II implementing partners with support from Programme Assistant.
- Receive and quality assure financial reports from districts and other implementing partners and liaise with Management and the Programme Assistant to facilitate disbursement of funds.
- Monitor disbursement and utilization of programme funds by SUN II implementing partners with support from Programme Assistant, and prepare updates on utilization rates as required.
- Manage the process of submission of donor narrative and financial reports, requests for amendments ensuring that the UNICEF and donor report submission guidelines and procedures for quality and timeliness are respected and implemented.
- Provide quality control and editorial support, including editing and rewriting documents as needed and ensuring all content is factual and grammatically correct.
- Draft and finalize high quality analytical and summary reports, documents, briefing notes, newsletters and other SUN II related materials and / or presentations for sharing with internal and external audiences as and when required.
- SUN II Programme Monitoring and Internal Coordination Support:
- Support day-to-day tracking and documentation of progress updates collected from internal UNICEF communications, and UN agency a, government communication on the programme, with support from Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as well as from UNICEF Finance team, NFNC and other UN sister agencies.
- Coordinate with the SUN II Programme assistant for monitoring and archiving of all financial and administrative documents linked to the SUN II programme electronically and in hard copies. Create, maintain and update SUN II programme knowledge bank on Zambia Country Office (ZCO) shared drive.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Social Sciences, Economics, International Development or related field.
- At least 2 year’s of professional work experience in international organizations on complex programs with focus on grant management, budgeting, donor reporting and editing required.
- High level of fluency in written and spoken English.
- Advanced user level competency of MS Office suite required.
- Outstanding skills in Excel, including data analysis and development of charts and graphs, required.
- Demonstrated experience in working in international development with government partners, international organizations and donors.
- Proven documentation and knowledge management for multi donor funded projects required.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Proven ability to express ideas and concepts in written and oral form clearly and concisely. excellent skills in report writing and editing.
- Knowledge of EU contractual procedures for development funding desirable.
- Prior experience of working in Africa would be an asset.
- Excellent team work skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.