Deadline: 2 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International National Gender Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Gender Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Facilitate the implementation of the FishAdapt Gender Strategy and the Gender Action Plan at the national, regional and local levels.
- Provide continuous technical advice to FishAdapt project staff and key stakeholders for the integration of gender considerations during the design and implementation of FishAdapt project activities.
- Guide the collection and analyses of gender-specific data and for the monitoring of gender sensitive indicators.
- Maintain the communication between the FishAdapt Gender Focal Points (designated staff from partner agencies at the national, regional and local levels), and keeping a Gender Collaboration Plan for sharing information related to gender issues.
- Act as resource person during the delivery of FishAdapt gender training events, and the gender sessions of other FishAdapt training events.
- Document information for the development of gender related communication materials (e.g. policy brief and/or case study on gender).
- Promote the use of gender-sensitive language in FishAdapt publications (in English and Myanmar language).
- Any other activities related to the successful implementation of the FishAdapt Gender Strategy and Action Plan.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social sciences or natural resources management, sustainable agriculture, forestry, fisheries conservation and management, environmental law/ policy, or related field.
- At least 5 year’s of experience with capacity development initiatives/projects/programmes as applied to community-based management of fishery, aquaculture, natural resources, land-use planning, climate change adaptation, Fisheries & Aquaculture emergency response and rehabilitation, resilience and livelihoods.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Prior preparation and submission of written reports for an international developmental agency, a governmental department, or a major NGO.
- Extent of relevant expertise in gender mainstreaming on development projects working at community-based natural resource management, integration with climate change adaptation, and development of policies to encourage those approaches.
- Experience consulting with diverse stakeholders, from fishers, fish farmers, land users and specifically to ministerial staff.
- Fluency in MS Office.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.