Deadline: 22 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Nutrition Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support the development, and coordinate the implementation of a regional advocacy and communication strategy to support NWL coalition goals and advance the care of children with SAM that is tailored to the context of the West and Central Africa region.
- Conceptualize, design and produce a range of advocacy and communication tools and materials.
- Build and strengthen influential alliances and partnerships with relevant regional and national partners and influential individuals to promote cooperation to achieve goals of the NWL coalition.
- Coordinate engagement and support advocacy at regional and national level with leading policy makers, political faces/influencers, development partners, media and others to support NWL coalition goals.
- Participate and represent UNICEF and NWL coalition in appropriate regional and global fora to ensure that organizational and coalition positions, interests and priorities are considered in development planning and agenda setting.
- Ensure secretariat role of the Regional Nutrition Working Group (RNWG).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Development Economics, Public Health, Health Systems, Nutrition, Public Relations, Communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Nutrition with strong understanding of and experience in nutrition policy and public advocacy.
- Experience in supporting high profile international or regional movements and campaign building and delivery in international health/nutrition and development.
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven personality, with strong coordination and influencing skills and a track record in successfully managing advocacy and influencing campaigns and mobilization of resources (domestic and external) for programs at the country level (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of resource mobilization strategies and approaches.
- Experience with West and Central Africa regional and national political, development, public health, decentralized governance contexts, nutrition platforms and institutions is desirable.
- Experience in international health or nutrition policy and programme development is an asset.
- A sound understanding of the global health and nutrition architecture and the current political framework that it operates within.
- Civil Society, Private Sector, UN system agency or organization is an asset.Fluency in French (verbal and written).
- Good written and spoken skills and knowledge of another UN language an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.