Deadline: 12 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operation Assistant in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Operation Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Daily Calls:Conduct Daily Calls with self-isolating personnel.
- Conduct Contact Tracing :Conduct Contact Tracing interviews, with suspected COVID-19 cases and tested positive cases.
- Administration:Facilitate delivery of medicine, meals, healthy foods, Self Care Package, transport, as needed to people in isolation, quarantine or requiring further assistance, as requested.
- Communications on Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices, Needs (KAPN): Assist WFP COVID-19 Coordinators in ensuring that all WFP Cox’s Bazar personnel are fully aware of the prevention, behaviours, practices, needs and self-monitoring activities that they and their eligible dependents need to perform on a daily basis.
- Training:Conduct face-to-face and remote trainings and outreach, as required, on the above, as needed.
- Perform any other tasks required in the context of the overall WFP COVID-19 operations in Cox’s Bazar.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, science and/or public health or any relevant area.
- 2 year’s of national field experience, of which at least 1 in relevant public health related programs in developing countries.
- Additional experience of project support functions and/or research is an advantage.
- Prior experience in Cox’s Bazar is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral/communications skills in English, Bangla, and Chittagonian is desirable.
- Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.