Deadline: 1 March 2020
The Transparency International (IT) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Pacific Regional Engagement and Advocacy Lead in Melbourne, Australia.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Pacific Regional Engagement and Advocacy Lead will perform the following functions:
- In consultation with Pacific stakeholders, define, manage and implement regional advocacy strategies in the Pacific region and coordinate regional and global collective actions (e.g. advocacy, campaigns).
- Coordinate TI Pacific engagement at international and regional levels, as well as outreach to countries without existing TI chapters.
- Proactively identify and drive regional media opportunities relating to TI’s work in the Pacific at regional level, in close cooperation with Chapters and TI-S Communications team.
- Lead assigned regional media work around TI product launches, and act as TI regional spokesperson for the media and for external stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment in the messaging and strategic direction between all of the TI actors involved in the programme.
- Lead and coordinate Pacific research, outreach and advocacy interventions to be delivered through the Asia Pacific Programme, working closely with the TI Regional Programme Manager.
- Engage in the identification of research and advocacy opportunities in the Pacific, and develop and implement advocacy plans on regional research and advocacy products.
- Provide regional communication, advocacy, lobbying, campaigning and other technical outreach support (e.g. desk and field research) to assigned National Chapters, regional coordinators and other TI-S staff.
- Coordinate outreach to new individuals and groups where TI is not present and provide strategic guidance in the coalition shaping process.
- Identify further fundraising opportunities for work in the Pacific, in collaboration with chapters and the Asia Pacific team as well as fundraising team at TI-S.
- Provide effective management and support to the Pacific Regional Coordinator.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or other relevant postgraduate qualification, or equivalent academic degree or professional qualification, in social and political science, public policy, journalism, communications or other relevant fields.
- Extensive (7+ year’s) of relevant experience in the Pacific region, ideally with an International NGO or other relevant organization.
- Experience of working on issues of good governance, political reform, public sector reform, social justice, international development, effective communications, or other related fields.
- Extensive, first-hand knowledge and understanding of Pacific history, culture, political context and the role of relevant forums.
- Demonstrated media, campaigns and / or advocacy experience.
- Expertise in project management, fundraising, strategy development and planning, and a flair for innovation.
- Leadership and project management experience in a multi-country setting.
- Proven track record of leading processes that resulted in, or contributed to, positive changes in the Pacific.
- Proven track record of facilitative, collaborative relationship management with partners to drive a culture of collaboration and mutual ownership, along with a natural ability to network and build successful and lasting relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills across diverse cultures.
- Good command of the English language (native speaker’s level) both verbal and written.
- Commitment to social justice issues and the values of Transparency International.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit Transparency International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.