Deadline: 26 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Area Manager in Kigali, Rwanda.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Area Manager will perform the following functions-
- PAM’s role in the Country Leadership Team (CLT)
- Participate effectively in CLT decision-making processes to achieve country program objectives.
- Engage Country Office (CO) in PU program strategies and developments regularly to facilitate quality programs.
- Manage Program Area risk according to best practices and organisational standards in order to minimize the effects of exposure to risk.
- Implementation of CLT decisions according to agreed standards in order to meet country goals.
- Leadership role in the Program Area
- Coordinate and facilitates the integration of different functions in the Program Area in order to build a high performing team.
- Provide strategic focus and direction to the Program Area to achieve the annual plan targets.
- Promote organizational values in order to build strong teams and for branding purposes.
- Quality Program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Lead projects planning ensuring quality programs in line with CS objectives and program quality policy and procedures.
- Contribute effectively towards the development and management of the Program Area Annual Plan.
- Provide leadership towards effective participation and empowerment of children, families, communities and stakeholders in the PQP and Procedures.
- Manage project implementation, monitoring and evaluation within given time frames.
- Networking and Advocacy
- Establish and maintain good working relations with stakeholders at district & provincial level to build a strong Plan brand.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and networks within and outside the program area to promote Plan visibility and quality programming.
- Provide leadership by ensuring Plan International belongs to child protection networks and alliances, at all levels within the Program Area.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related discipline.
- Relevant post graduate qualification desirable.
- Minimum 5 year’s managerial experience at a similar level preferably in an NGO environment.
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty.
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of child-rights programming.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges, opportunities and implications to community development.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit Plan International.