Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst, EVAW, Migration and Trafficking in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst, EVAW, Migration and Trafficking will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Ending Violence against Women (EVAW), migration, trafficking and access to essential services
- Provide substantive inputs to the design, formulation and implementation of the project Safe & Fair.
- Realize women migrant workers’ rights and opportunities in the ASEAN region (2018/2022).
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Ensure sound project arrangements and implementation and effective management.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of Project Safe & Fair, with a focus on Objectives 2 and 3
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the implementation of programme activities.
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Ensure the coordination with implementing partners, UN Women and ILO Country Offices, UN Women and ILO Regional Offices (including technical consultants).
- Ensure proper operational, financial and administrative management in the projects, as well as adherence to all UN Women rules and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities.
- Maintain relationships with national partners from civil society and government to support implementation and expansion of the Project Safe and Fair.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Previous experience in the field of violence against women.
- Experience in the field of migration and/or trafficking is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience supporting/implementing an EU-funded project is an asset.
- Experience with a regional programme is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and the official national language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.