Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst, Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst, Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies strategies in the area of gender equality and the empowerment of women at State level
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of UN Women programming in Kachin State
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the implementation of programme activities.
- Support the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development on gender equality and the empowerment of women to project/programme partners at State level
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities.
- Develop technical knowledge products.
- Maintain relationships with national partners at State level to support implementation and expansion of
- UN Women programming at State level including in the areas of gender responsive governance and livelihood.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience working on gender equality and women’s empowerment is required.
- Experience working on governance and/or livelihood is an asset.
- Experience in providing technical and coordination assistance to government, CSOs and development partners is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in Kachin State is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.