Deadline: 20 August 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst, Research and Data in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst, Research and Data will perform the following functions-
- Provide research and analytical support to UN Women’s flagship reports, including Progress of the World’s Women and World Survey:
- Conduct bibliographical searches and literature reviews.
- Identify and analyze relevant developments at the country level.
- Provide technical support for the commissioning of background research by conducting bibliographical searches, reading relevant papers and proposing relevant researchers.
- Provide technical inputs to the preparation of concept notes, research and funding proposals; as well as to the elaboration of outlines, chapters, boxes, infographics and related material.
- Review and comment on commissioned background research.
- Provide organizational and logistical support related to UN Women’s flagship reports:
- Draft terms of reference, preparatory materials and meeting reports.
- Manage communications with external collaborators, including background paper authors, advisory group members and consultants.
- Liaise with regional and country offices throughout the research, writing and dissemination process.
- Provide logistical support to the organization of internal and external meetings.
- Provide substantive support to UN Women’s engagement in normative processes, including the Commission on the Status of Women and the 2030 Agenda:
- Follow and support internal working groups, including inputs into interagency work and participation in civil society and interagency consultations.
- Provide technical inputs to the elaboration of key documents, including concept notes, talking points, briefing notes, and chair’s summaries and Secretary General reports, including the World Survey on the Role of Women in Development.
- Provide logistical coordination to the organization of ministerial roundtables, side events, and Expert Group Meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience, particularly in supporting research and policy analysis related to gender equality and women’s rights.
- Previous experience on flagship reports and/or intergovernmental processes is an asset.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Knowledge of the other UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.