Deadline: 8 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of HIV and EVAW programme
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of HIV and EVAW Programs work plans, budgets and proposals on programmme implemenation, including tracking the delivery of fund.
- Provide assistance to Implementing partners on delivery and reporting of Programme.
- Support EVAW section in conducting activities with traditional authorities, district teams and government in partnership with civil society, women’s organizations, youth organizations and HIV and AIDS networks.
- Prepare documents, speeches and position papers/activity concepts as part of program implemenation in the areas of HIV and EVAW focusing on the linkages.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the programme Unit
- Support in project budgeting (including preparation of FACE forms), monitoring and reporting for EVAW and HIV/AIDS projects.
- Provide administrative support in the development of IP PCAs and MOUs towards Programme implementation.
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions and keep track on program/project delivery.
- Process payment for consultants as delegated.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, gender and development, communications, development, media relations, journalism, or related field.
- At least 3 year’s of relevant experience at the national or international level in programme implementation and management, and/or public relations, communications, policy and advocacy.
- Experience in project/program development.
- Experience in conceptualizing and managing the production of printed materials, including detailed reports, brochures, video, radio programmes and photographic materials and social mobilization.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing communication and/or media outreach plans in support of overall corporate goals.
- Experience on planning and managing global, national campaigns and community events.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.