Deadline: 12 March 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant (DRR/Operations) in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant (DRR/Operations) will perform the following functions-
- Organize and undertake frequent field monitoring and supervision visits for all FFA / DRR programme activities in the assigned areas using standard checklists, in order to verify the data collection quality by the cooperating partners.
- Closely monitor and suggest improvements to field implementation processes and procedures for efficient results of the targeted assistance programmes and ensure that programme strategies are implemented in a coherent manner in the field.
- Ensure preparations for donor, senior management missions, government institutions with support of partners.
- Support in documentation and maintaining records of field monitoring data from field such as output monitoring data, reports such as cash distribution reports, plans etc.
- Support in collecting, processing and compilation of monitoring information (e.g. no. of CFW participants engaged, resources utilization, assets created, cash distributed, gender segregated, programme status).
- Assist in ensuring timely and regular reporting on the implementation of inclusive of challenges, achievements, case studies from cooperating partners as well as the realistic and contextualised solution to Operations Associates and / or Head of Unit regarding.
- Act as a point of contact for FFA / DRR unit at field level for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Assist in budget monitoring and tracking through WFP internal mechanism of assigned area
- Ensure regular participation in weekly / monthly coordination meetings at CiC/UNO office level and prepare minutes for update of head of unit.
- Provide programme management and / or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of graduation education in the Social Science, Business administration, Management, Environmental Science, International Business, Disaster Science and Management, and in any relevant field is desirable.
- At least 2 year’s of relevant work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation of community and/or international development, emergency operations, disaster preparedness, cash and voucher programming or another related field.
- Experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the special context of refugee camps and makeshift sites in Cox’s Bazar.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
- Fluency in oral Chattertonian / Rohingyan dialect is desirable Education.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.