Deadline: 9 July 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Development & Quality Manager in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Development & Quality Manager will perform the following functions-
- Donor and Partnership Engagement:
- Actively engage with Plan International’s National Offices (fundraising offices in the Plan International Federation) to share updates, fundraising needs and priorities.
- Ensure adequate mapping of key in-country donors and potential funding opportunities for Lebanon, and update the mapping on a regular basis.
- Support engagement with donors on a regular basis in coordination with the Programme Director and Country Director.
- Monitor and analyse project portfolio and funding opportunities (pipeline) and coordinate strategic decision making for new funding opportunities in alignment with country and sector strategic priorities.
- Ensure adequate mapping of potential partners including UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, CBOs, private sectors, academic institutions, etc..
- Support engagement with potential partners and their assessment prior to initiating a partnership.
- Programme Design and Planning:
- Support MERL initiatives including assessments, baseline studies, research studies and evaluations in coordination with relevant MERL focal points and technical specialists.
- Develop programmatic objectives and frameworks for Plan International Lebanon in line in consultation with technical focal points.
- Support the development and update of the Country Strategy as needed, in line with national priorities and Plan International’s global frameworks, and in consultation with technical focal points and in coordination with the Programme Director.
- Support the development of the annual plans and budgets as needed, based on consultations with relevant team members.
- Lead on the development of successful concept notes and grant proposal packages based on evidence and needs assessments, in line with the Country Strategy and in accordance with donor requirements and guidelines – through close coordination with Programme Director, M&E, technical focal points and Finance Manager, as well as relevant National Offices.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in programme development and monitoring.
- Master’s Degree in political sciences, international relations, social sciences or another related field.
- Strong experience in Project design and planning, both on programmatic and financial levels.
- Experience of managing and working within teams.
- Experience working with donors such as the EU, SIDA, DFAT, DFID, GFFO, BMZ, UN OCHA, BPRM, DfID, etc.
- Experience working on projects targeting adolescents and youth, especially adolescent girls and young women is preferred.
- Experience working on projects in partnership with international, national and local NGOs is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English is mandatory.
- Excellent ability to write proposals, reports, briefing papers and research in English.
- Excellent skills in project design, time management, and problem solving.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.