Deadline: 4 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager, Women’s Economic Empowerment in Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Manager, Women’s Economic Empowerment will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical support to the design of projects, partnerships and initiatives on women’s economic empowerment
- Identify strategic entry points for UN Women on work to support women’s economic empowerment in Lebanon, at the micro, meso and macro level.
- Build partnerships across the UN, the government, the private sector and I/NGOs for joint initiatives.
- Develop concept notes and programme documents as requested.
- Manage UN Women’s Programmes on women’s economic empowerment
- Oversee the day to day implementation of UN Women’s portfolio on women’s economic empowerment.
- Review programme annual work plans to assure compliance with UN Women programme goals and results-based indicators.
- Manage the monitoring of mutually agreed results frameworks and performance indicators.
- Manage programme quality control and identification of potential challenges.
- Analyze and align programme activities with operations team in close liaison with Operations Managers.
- Recommend and establish programme monitoring standards, criteria, and other indicators for measuring and assessing progress/results.
- Coordinate the process of gathering information and preparing progress reports on programme implementation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, business or a related field is required.
- First Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or /and international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development project.
- Experience in establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national government
- Experience in the field of gender and human rights of women is an asset.
- Experience in administrative systems and UN system norm is an asset.
- Experience in-country and/or region is an asset.
- Experience in leading a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.