Deadline: 8 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Quito, Ecuador. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme Development and Management
- Work on strategy with assigned Programme Officers.
- Organiz programme assurance activities.
- Ensuring with the Programme Officers, that programs are aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Manage a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Analyze programme risks.
- Support programme officers in writing programme funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Develop an evaluation method to assess programme strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Implement and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its life cycle.
- Undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Participate in annual sector review meetings with government counterparts.
- Collaborate and prepare annual program status reports in a timely manner, as required.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
- Project Management certification desirable and considered as an asset.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant managing professional work experience is required.
- Experience working in a developing country and background/familiarity with emergency are considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in programme management of social and development projects, stakeholder management skills, and experience managing a team would be highly valued.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.