Deadline: 17 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer-Women Movement Building in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer-Women Movement Building will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Women’s Movement building in Uganda
- Contribute to formulation of Annual Work Plans and budgets within the area of responsibility, translating Women’s Movement priorities into national and local interventions.
- Design and formulate programme strategies, proposals and initiatives related to women movement building across all components of UN Women’s mandate.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to movement building.
- Manage the implementation and management of the women’s movement component
- Manage the technical implementation and monitoring of the women movement programme while ensuring synergies with other teams in the country office.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports and contribute to regular preparation of aggregate internal or external reports on activities, outputs and outcomes including preparation of donor reports.
- Carry out financial and substantive monitoring of project activities, identify operational and financial problems and develop appropriate solutions for addressing them.
- Provide guidance to partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators in achievement of expected results.
- Identify areas of technical support and intervention related to policy and legal implementation in the context of the women’s movement in Uganda and take appropriate actions.
- Provide inputs on Women Political Empowerment Portfolio to UN Women quarterly and annual reports and UNCT/UNDAF mid-year and annual reviews and reports.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s studies, Law, or any related area.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 5 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Additional training in Gender would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible work experience 4 of which should have been at a senior management level of a women’s rights organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of women movement building.
- Technical knowledge and experience in coordinating multiple partnerships involving government and civil society partners.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Knowledge in the concept and application of Results-Based Management (RBM) to programme/project cycle is an asset.
- Experience in the UN system and agencies, international and development assistance organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.